Friday, April 15, 2011

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Door Knocker

We found this really cool door knocker at an antique store on our honeymoon in Spain years ago. Being the procrastinator that I am, we never got around to installing it and then we moved. So in a way, it's a good thing I procrastinated so we got to take the door knocker with us. Luckily DH is pretty organized so he was able to find it in a jiffy when I finally got motivated to install it.

Lion Knocker

You can see it still has the price tag on it. Back then the exchange rate was something like 1.33 euros = $1 so it cost us about $15.  If we were to buy it today with the exchange rate, it would be around $30!  

This blog is really helping us (really me) get motivated to finish up these lingering projects.  I have lots of ideas but am lacking in the follow through so anything that helps get me over the hump is a good thing. Now all need to do it get the proper drill bit to drill into the door.  At the rate that I move, I'll probably get to it next year :-)

No comments: