Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sewing

Toddler A-line dress

Ever since I got my iPod, I've been addicted to Podcasts. My favorites are CraftyPod and Material Mama. Material Mama in particular has inspired me to take up sewing again. I know the very basics of sewing - enough to make pillows, curtains, etc, but I wanted to try making clothes for Monkey. I've been somewhat uninspired by the kids clothes in the stores and I've always envisioned Monkey in cute A-line dresses. So with the help and coaching of my MIL, I made this dress from a Simplicity pattern. It only took a few hours and included a zipper which I had never done before. I'm going to reuse the pattern and make lots more dresses :-) I purchased some really cute fabrics from Repro Depot this week just for this purpose. The best thing is that this dress only needs one yard of fabric!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this dress! i have been looking for SIMPLE A line dress pattern. did u get this at walmart? do u have the number on it by chance? my email is wildwests@live.com I LOVE UR BLOG!!!