Sunday, April 1, 2007

Apron Adventures

Spring Apron Swap - sent

So I finally finished making my apron to send to Aly for the Spring Apron swap. I started out with a plan which quickly fell apart. The swap had a link to several apron patterns but I wanted to make the retro 1/2 apron and I just couldn't understand the instructions I found online. The part that threw me was the gathering since I've never done those before. I ended up caving and buying The Apron Book on Amazon - a move I don't regret at all.

Apron
It took a while to ship and so when I finally got the book last week, I was a bit rushed to finish the apron. The instructions were really easy to follow though and there were lots of helpful tips (like add your embellishments before you do the gathers). I'm pleased with my results - I just hope Aly likes the apron :-)

No comments: