Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Starting a Blog?

I never thought I'd be interested in starting a blog but today I was surfing and reading some interesting craft related blogs. People are so creative! Lots of my in-laws are very crafty (in the good sense) so I thought I'd start a blog to share what I'm working on with them and whoever else might be interested. Only problem is that I tend to work in waves so I don't know how regularly I'll post. Of course the only way to find out is to jump right in!

I was pretty happy with this holiday in that I didn't feel totally overwhelmed and was more or less on schedule with the major things (although the holiday cards went out late). I have the Fly Lady to thank for this! I highly recommend her techniques. She's very positive and motivating especially since I can be a procrastinator.

So to kick off the new year, I'll tell you what projects and crafts I did over the holidays since I actually had some time on my hands.

After visiting my in-laws house over the holidays, I decided that what we were missing was a nativity scene. I had some left over clay and went to Michael's Craft store to get supplemental colors and this is what I made...

Christmas
Note however that we are missing baby Jesus! That's because my dear toddler (a.k.a. Monkey) loves to play with the baby Jesus. So tonight when I wanted to take some pictures to post, baby Jesus was nowhere to be found. Either he'll turn up in the toy chest or I'll just have to make another one!

My other significant holiday project was my first gingerbread house. I tried baking my own walls, roof, etc, but I don't think I had a very good recipe. I ended up getting a kit from Costco which made it all very easy! I assembled this house in less than 1/2 an hour!

And today being only the second day of the new year, I have to chart out some of my goals for 2007:

** Finish up my cross stitch sampler that I started in 2002

** Assemble the quilt top of the quilt I started in 2003 (Do you see a pattern here?)

** Self publish my Chinese New Year Craft Workbook for kids

** Plant a garden for Monkey and I to tend together

** Cook more and eat out less

** Keep in touch with friends

That's all I can think of for now but I'll add more as I go.

No comments: