Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Progress

I've been making excellent progress on finishing my cross stitch sampler. I think in one more stitching session, I'll be done!! This is a pretty major accomplishment for me since I have problems completing my projects which stems from the fact that I like to bite off more than I can chew and so end up starting lots of projects but rarely finish any of them :-) But since I'm close to done, I've already been trolling for my next project. I've settled on this project that I found on another blog. The grocery bag looks very straight forward and since the one in our kitchen has broken, we really need one of these!




We've also been busy with Monkey doing little craft projects with her. This weekend we went to see Pingu at the National Gallery of Art. Monkey actually sat through most of the movie which is a first for her. Usually she gets scared and wants to leave. Luckily Pingu is not too scary and had the added benefit of having a baby sister (Monkey loves all babies) and with the promise of a craft project at the end of the film - she sat still for most of it. For the project, we made clay penguins (pictures to follow soon) using Crayola modeling clay which I've never tried before. Unlike typical modeling clay, the Crayola brand doesn't require an oven - the clay just air dries which is kind of nice. It's got a more spongy texture to it which makes me wonder what high tech compound is used in the stuff!




No comments: